LEMON citrus fruit which is mostly used with honey as fat cutter either used in salads or also for washing some special utensils which can clean its dirt. Lemon is low in calories and also sour in taste. Because lemons are high in vitamin C they can prevent the disease scurvy which was common among sailors stuck on ships for months. Even today, the British Navy requires ships to carry enough lemons so that every sailor can have one ounce of juice a day.
See some interesting facts about the same.
1.Nutritionally, the lemon constitutes one of nature’s seven top sources of potassium, a mineral that promotes clear thinking, aids in normalizing blood pressure, and works with sodium to regulate the body’s water balance.
2. Lemons are nature’s top source of citric acid, a life essential found in the cells of all living creatures
3. The lemon is also a first rate insect bite repellent, not just because of its citric and ascorbic acid content but because of the organic citrus compound azadirachtin, a potent natural insect repellent which is secreted by the skin of the lemon.
4. Add the juice of one lemon to an equal amount of hot water for an anti-bacterial gargle.
5. High in Vitamin C, lemons prevent scurvy, a disease that causes bleeding gums, loose teeth and aching joints. To this day, the British Navy requires ships to carry enough lemons so that every sailor can have one ounce of lemon juice a day.
6. The juice of half a lemon in warm water morning, noon, and night helps eliminate toxins and ease aches
7. Fresh lemon juice has only 4 calories per tablespoon, and a trace of sodium
8. Fresh squeezed lemon in a glass of water is said to cleanse the liver. Lemons are also
believed to stimulate the metabolism.
9. Lemon juice promotes perspiration and helps block pain. When lemon juice is heated,
salicylic acid – the chemical cursor of aspirin’s active ingredient is produced
10. To use lemon juice as an astringent body pack, mix juice with oatmeal and sponge mixture over your skin.
11. Used to clean utensils.
12. Sprinkle lemons with water and refrigerate in a plastic bag, lemons will last a month or more.
13. Also can be used to rinse body dirt.
14. Use lemon and honey. Mix in hot water and drink every morning. This is used as fat cutter.
15. Lemon trees bloom and produce fruit year–round on the California coast. Each tree can produce between 500 and 600 pounds of lemons in a yearPakeeza Anchal