Carrot | Gajar ka Halwa – Sweet Dish – Veg Recipe
Ingredients for making Carrot/Gajar ka Halwa:
- 1.5 kilograms of carrots/Gajr – Approx. 10 cups of grated carrots
- 6 teaspoon of Asli Ghee or Dalda ghee/clarified butter
- 8 to 9 cardamoms/chotti Green Elaichi, powdered in a mortar-pestle
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk or nestle milkmaid 400 gms or Mithai Mate
- Sugar as per your taste
- ½ cup cashews/kaju or pistachios
- ⅓ to ½ cup golden raisin
Preparation Method of Carrot/Gajar ka Halwa:
- Rinse, peel and grate the carrots with a hand held grater or in a food processor.
- Heat ghee in a kadai or thick bottomed deep pan. add the grated carrots.
- Saute the carrots till they turn tender and are cooked. keep on stirring in intervals while sauting the carrots.
- Then add the condensed milk.
- Stir very well and add the cardamom powder, cashews and raisins.
- Stir again and simmer the halwa on a low flame stirring often, till the mixture dries up and reduces.
- Taste if required, you can add some sugar. i did not add any sugar as the taste was perfect for us.
- Serve gajar halwa hot or warm or chilled.
Hope you guys enjoyed our Recipes. Please Follow us on Facebook and let us know your feedback.